Re: best way to upgrade an FC6.i686 to F8.x86_64 - don't - fresh install instead.

David Timms wrote:
Kevin J. Cummings wrote:

by losing the list of all of my installed RPMs (so I can re-create my
system after the architecture change).
rpm -qa --qf="%{name} ">rpms-installed.txt
This makes one long line of space separated package names. You might need to separate them into blocks that aren't too big for the yum command line to have trouble with.

I usually do "yum list '*'" and save to a file. You can then grep for "installed" to find out exactly what version of everything you have. Do *not* forget to backup you list of repositories unless you manage to live without livna, freshrpms, etc.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>