Re: Fedora 8 iso image corrupted ?

Pedro Freire wrote:
I don't know if this an image problem or download corruption, but before I download almost 4G again I ask this:

I downloaded via direct download the Fedora 8 dvd iso image and burned it with K3b.

Did you verify the image with md5sum or sha1sum or similar? That's the proper step between "download" and "burn." If the checksum is good you have a burn problem, and don't waste time doing another D/L.

When I try to install it it always stops with error in lohit-fonts-xxxx

I already unselected them during custom installation but for some reason the install stops with the error nevertheless. I suppose this is due to some dependency but I don't know what.

First: anyone got this error before ?
Second: the install process shouldn't stop at this point! (the only options here are 'retry' or 'reboot'. Why not 'ignore' and I would install these fonts later ?

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>