Re: List stats redone

On Fri, 2008-02-15 at 16:16 -0600, Thomas Cameron wrote:
> Please check it out now?
>
> http://www.camerontech.com/fedora-list-stats/
>
> I will reiterate that security through obscurity is silly, but here
> you go.  :-)

Well, it's not really about "security", so the statement doesn't really
fit.  It's privacy, and obscurity and privacy go hand in hand, in the
normal run of things - don't tell, and it remains private.

list, as well.  That's easy to automatically unmunge, and we (us humans)
can spot our own addresses easily enough without them.  I'd not even
space the parts apart, that still allows for simple guessing games with
unmunging about where to put parts of the address together (spammers
trying all the obvious permutations, regardless).

e.g. just "ignoredmailboxyahoo" would be enough to identify posting
stats, without giving any easy pickings to spammers.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.