Re: List stats redone

On Tuesday 12 February 2008 01:20:49 pm Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-02-11 at 22:44 -0600, Thomas Cameron wrote:
> > Mikkel L. Ellertson pointed out a stupid typo in my script that was
> > screwing up my numbers pretty badly.  Many thanks.
> >
> > It's been fixed, and the posting statistics are much more accurate.
> > Please see http://www.camerontech.com/fedora-list-stats/ for the current
> > month's output.
> >
> > If this is useful and correct, I will set up a cron job which mails this
> > info to the list once a {day|week|month}, whatever y'all think is
> > appropriate.  I will pull it down from the web site unless folks think
> > it's a good thing to have there.
>
> I can't understand why anyone whose postings to the list displays their
> e-mail address should complain that your list includes e-amil
> addresses.

Because when the email from majordomo comes to me that's not a public display
and when it is posted to the archive the address is munged -

    * From: Aaron Konstam <akonstam sbcglobal net>
    * To: Fedora-list <fedora-list redhat com>
    * Subject: A sound problem one more time.
    * Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 15:17:26 -0600

like this, so bots don't see it.

Dave

--
There is no single government agency that views sustainability through a broad
lens, taking into account the values of the people affected by government

Mr. Justice David Vickers, BC Supreme Court in Tsilhqot'in Nation v. British
Columbia,2007