Re: wireless connection to a wireless printer?

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Jan Brosius wrote:
Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

The type of network does not make a difference. What matters is connecting to the printer. Do you know what IP address the printer was assigned? Do you know if it supports IPP (Internet Printing Protocol)? The printer manual should tell you what it supports.
I couldn't find in the manual if it supports IPP. But I could print some information about the wireless connection:
I got e.g.

SSID : WIFI_A6
Hostname : HP53246F

IP4
 IP-address : 192.168.1.6

I have already tried to get some connection with the printer settings gui but I got no connection.

How did you try to connect to the printer? http://192.168.1.6? Or does your printer require another port? I can not tell for sure from the site, but from the requirements it sounds like it may be a win-printer. (The supplied software does some of the work instead of having it done in hardware in the printer.)
I think it is done in the hardware. I got a connection now with the firefox browser when I typed http://192.168.1.6. I didn't knew this. But how do I connect with cups?