Re: How to umount samba before NetworkManager shuts down network

On Fri, 08 Feb 2008 22:43:48 +0100 Valent Turkovic wrote:

> I can't find a way to do this, so I obviously need somebody smarter than
> me to figure this one out.
>
> I have samba shares mounted when I login to gnome, but I need a way to
> unmount them before NetworkManager shuts down network interfaces during
> reboot or loging off.

There's a work-around I use for this type of problem: In
/etc/inittab, replace the line
	ca::ctrlaltdel:/sbin/shutdown -t3 -r now
by the following
	ca::ctrlaltdel:/root/myshutdown
where the file /root/myshutdown is a shell script whose last line is
	/sbin/shutdown -t3 -r now

You can do similar things for the shutdown and reboot commands
(in case you don't use control-alt-delete to reboot).

And do remember this hack when yum will replace the sysvinit rpm.
 :-)
     --Georg

--
Georg Wittig, Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft