Re: how would you backup 1TB of data to dvds?

On 2008-02-09, Frank Cox <theatre@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 12:57:26 -0500
> Sam Varshavchik <mrsam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> One terabyte divided by 8 gigabytes per double-layer DVD comes out to 125
>> DVDs per backup.
>>
>> Are you out of your freaking mind?
>
> I actually used to back up my BBS system to about that many floppy disks, using
> FastBack Plus.

Yeah. I did too. And it sucked -- big time!

Tape wins hands-down in this case. External HDs are an option, but
inexpensive 1TB drives seem to be less than reliable. And nothing sucks
more than an unreliable backup. May as well save your money and try to
get by with no backup at all.

--

John (john@xxxxxxxxxxx)