Re: fc6 and fc7 packages in Fedora 8 - is that normal?

Valent Turkovic wrote:
I just user pirut to install some packages and it got me confused.

I searched for unpaper package and I have two of them -
unpaper-0.3-1.fc8 and also unpaper-0_2-2.fc7

also I found pdfjam-1.20-5.fc6

Is this normal?

Valent.

Having two versions reported in the rpm database usually indicates problems with packages as they are installed. The older version of the package should have been removed. package-cleanup --dupes should let you know if you have duplicate packages. The --cleandupes option should clean up failures with uninstalling the older version of the package.

The other issue regarding the tagging for pdfjam is alright. This version is in rawhide so the package was not changed since your release version.

Jim

--
The only "ism" Hollywood believes in is plagiarism.
		-- Dorothy Parker