Re: f8 sound is driving me crazy.

On Feb 9, 2008 4:46 AM, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Aaron Konstam:
>> Now the trouble starts. All the usual CD players claim they cannot
>> find a sound source on the CD. The only one that works so far is
>> grip.

Paulo Cavalcanti:
> Grip needs a cable connecting the drive to the sound card.

No, it does not.  I've never used Grip in a manner where it rips sound
through the sound card.  So, if it *can* do that, it's an optional way
of running it.  All my ripping has been done by reading the *data* from
disc, digitally.

It is not for ripping. It is for playing an audio CD.

Can you play a track using grip without the cable?

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ