Re: upgrade question

Peter Horst wrote:

Great, thanks you guys. Dumb question: this would be a destructive "upgrade," right - meaning I would have to dump my data somewhere temporarily, install CentOS, and then re-import my data into a brand new filesystem/partition? Sorry, this is probably super-basic...

Yes - this is why I always make /home and /srv be separate partitions. I change the apache root to somewhere in /srv

With /home and /srv as separate partitions - I always do destructive upgrades and start with a fresh clean /

Make sure to save the contents of /etc/sshd so you can restore your existing ssh keys if other people connect via ssh.