Re: sound keys in dell

On Fri, 2008-02-08 at 12:06 -0500, adel.essafi@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Dear all
> I have a dell D630 with fedora 8.
> Alghouth I am very satisfied with performances, there are some problems.
> For example, the three sound keys (on the top) dont work (mute, add and
> reduce  the sound values). However the FN works correctly.
>
> Is it soft or hard problem. Do you have any idea about that.
>
> Thanks
> Adel

> myhosting.com - Premium Microsoft® Windows® and Linux web and application
> hosting - http://link.myhosting.com/myhosting

What I did for my Dell XPS 1710 laptop: run the "Keyboard Shortcuts"
applet:
1. System Menu -> Preferences -> Personal -> Keyboard Shortcuts
2. Under "Sound," click on one of the volume control lines and then
   punch the corresponding volume control key.

-- Mark C. Allman, PMP
-- Allman Professional Consulting, Inc.
-- www.allmanpc.com, 617-947-4263

BusinessMsg -- the secure, managed, J2EE/AJAX Enterprise IM/IC solution