impossible chroot

Hi to everyone,
I've some problems with my fedora4 and my disks.
In some cases my disk, after rebboting, told me to enter root password to make filesystem check. I did it and then I made a copy of the disk with knoppix, to be sure that my datas are not lost. But in this way second disk wasn't bootable, so with fedora cd rescue I want to make chroot and then grub-install, but unfortunately when I started rescue cd it says that is some problems with my disk and I had to do chroot on /mnt/sysimage (I ever do in this way to do grub-install on a new disk). But when I typed chroot /mnt/sysimage it says that it was impossible, and so I can't have a bootable cd, even if there is everything there (I can look it with another disk, like a second disk I can see everything that's there, or I can mount my /dev/sda1 on a /mnt/problem)
How can I do? I can do bootable a disk with another procedure?
Thank a lot,
simona

     ____
    / /  \           Simona Flavoni
   / / /\ \          Dipartimento di Matematica
  / / /\ \ \         Università Roma Tre
 / /_/__\ \ \        tel : 065733 8238
/________\ \ \       fax : 065733 8080
.___________\/       e-mail : flavoni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx