F8 install slow

I'm installing F8 on my second laptop (finally getting rid of bloody Windows - sorry for the language but this has truely given me the shits no end! And HP will only talk to you if you have it on the system! They're crazy people - it could be hardware thats the problem but they will insist Windows will fix it with their "magic" software... (you'll have to excuse my ranting but this is really a sore point!)) and the process is really slow to even get to the install - first it stops at running /sbin/loader, then it stops again before anaconda installer.

I had this prob last time, but I thought it might be the disk. This is a completely fresh disk- I only just burnt it. I've run media check and it comes up ok too. It seems to be locked loading modules, and where it slows is on the loop module, and takes hours at the pcmcia module.

Any ideas?
New music from the Rogue Traders - listen now!
http://ninemsn.com.au/share/redir/adTrack.asp?mode=click&clientID=832&referral=hotmailtaglineOct07&URL=http://music.ninemsn.com.au/roguetraders