Re: Fedora 8 and samba - am I missing something?

On Feb 1, 2008 1:57 PM, Henning Larsen <hennlar@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 13:14 +0100, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have some about samba client issues I found in Fedora 8. I'm not a
> > real admin so I'm probably doing something wrong, but here
> > is my experience.
> >
> > I setup samba mount points in /etc/fstab and if I enable netfs service
> > to start in runlevel 3 that it fails becase network is up only when
>
> if you start netfs in runlevel 3, it will not run in runlevel 5 unless
> enabled there too.
>
> If you start in runlevel 5, and mount the shares from within X I think
> it will be ok

The  way I found out it works half-way is that I have made a script in
NetworkDispatch folder so that NetworkManager starts netfs service
when eth0 goes UP. The problem is with samba mounts when I reboot that
NetworkManager kills the network first and then looks for commands in
NetworkDispatch folder - and tries to unmount samba shares.

This doesn't work.

Is there a better way under fedora 8 to mount and unmount samba shares
with NetwoekManager. Disabling NetworkManager is not an option.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Valent.

--