Re: Good bye

On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 11:29 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 13:21 -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> > On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, Christopher A. Williams wrote:
> >
> > ... snip ...
> >
> > > Anyone care to wager how long before he pisses off the Ubuntu
> > > crowd...?
> > >
> > > I know quite a few Ubuntu guys. A couple are friends and co-workers.
> > > Most are just pro-Ubuntu as opposed to anti-Fedora. Just like most
> > > people here are pro-Fedora as opposed to Anti-Ubuntu. I'd say it was
> > > more just a matter of time...
> >
> > i was going to take the high road but ... oh, what the hell.  from
> > months of observation, it would appear that karl's main gripe against
> > fedora is that it didn't work for him for *just those things that he
> > was working on.*  ergo, karl concluded that it was a bad distro.
> >
> > apparently, now karl had discovered that ubuntu does *precisely those
> > things* very well indeed, so karl concludes that ubuntu is a better
> > distro and karl is happy.  for now.
> >
> > but sooner or later, karl is going to run across something that ubuntu
> > is *worse* at, and it will be just a matter of time before karl is
> > complaining that something in ubuntu doesn't work, and that it's way
> > better in fedora and why don't those ubuntu folks do it like it's done
> > in fedora?
> >
> > that's my prediction.  would anyone like a piece of that action?  i'll
> > give you odds.
> ----
> probably should have followed your initial instincts.
>
> Our loss is Ubuntu's gain

Shhhhh...! For Cris' sake, don't WARN the Ubuntu crowd. Just let Karl
get all nice, warm and cozy there. Let him move in, unpack his bags, and
settle into his bunker.

                   * LATE BREAKING NEWS *

In interviews with residents in the Ubuntu neighborhood, they said this
to the Brain Police, "Well, Karl was just this guy, ya know? He seemed
quiet enough and kept to himself ...at first. We had no idea. It was
just like a drive-by shooting, we were caught so unaware!"

It was a four-alarm flame-war that broke out in the quiet neighborhood,
that stunned residents and list-administrators alike, in this once
peaceful area. According to the Jack-Boots and the Brain Police, they
are just starting to search through the smoke and ashes to determine the
exact cause of the blaze.

Yet many of them are already reporting difficulty thinking clearly while
going through the wreckage, due to massive confusion inhalation. It is
reported that CRM-114 Discriminators are being brought to the scene, by
the NSA. Back to you, Chris...

<zot> Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar