Re: Good bye

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, Christopher A. Williams wrote:

... snip ...

> Anyone care to wager how long before he pisses off the Ubuntu
> crowd...?
>
> I know quite a few Ubuntu guys. A couple are friends and co-workers.
> Most are just pro-Ubuntu as opposed to anti-Fedora. Just like most
> people here are pro-Fedora as opposed to Anti-Ubuntu. I'd say it was
> more just a matter of time...

i was going to take the high road but ... oh, what the hell.  from
months of observation, it would appear that karl's main gripe against
fedora is that it didn't work for him for *just those things that he
was working on.*  ergo, karl concluded that it was a bad distro.

apparently, now karl had discovered that ubuntu does *precisely those
things* very well indeed, so karl concludes that ubuntu is a better
distro and karl is happy.  for now.

but sooner or later, karl is going to run across something that ubuntu
is *worse* at, and it will be just a matter of time before karl is
complaining that something in ubuntu doesn't work, and that it's way
better in fedora and why don't those ubuntu folks do it like it's done
in fedora?

that's my prediction.  would anyone like a piece of that action?  i'll
give you odds.

rday

Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA