Re: Good bye

Les Mikesell wrote:
Fedora (I believe) are promoting what in the long term is the right way to go (IMHO). Time will tell if it is truly the correct approach(/treatment).

It's been more than a decade now (if you count fedora as an extension of the earlier RH model) and it just continues to help the monopoly make more money. Doesn't someone define insanity as expecting different results from continuing to do the same thing?

Ahem, last time I checked, the goal of GNU/Linux was not to break the monopoly, but to create the best free software-based system that can be made. So uh, how does including non-free components help with that goal? I have to agree with RMS' statements on that respect; it isn't worth having GNU/Linux replace Windows if it turns into a closed system equivalent to Windows itself. What kind of "victory" is that?

And uh, for all your posts about the stability of the system, I have to wonder why you're not running Debian stable. AFAIK, that is the only distro line that is guaranteed to work without any bugs of any kind, mainly because it's years behind the others...

Asking why 3rd party stuff doesn't work when they're considered outside the system is a little odd, wouldn't you say? It isn't Fedora's fault that VMWare's sytem doesn't work with it; ask VMWare why, since the stuff is set up by them.