Re: Selinux does not allow samba

On Jan 31, 2008 11:22 AM, Henning Larsen <hennlar@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello
> On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 11:14 -0600, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> > On Jan 31, 2008 4:08 AM, Henning Larsen <hennlar@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Hello
> > >
> > > I get an alert from selinux, telling me to do:
> > >
> > > 'setsebool -P samba_export_all_ro=1'
> > >
> > > I did, but still cannot connect to the share from a other pc's.
> > > Do I have to reboot?
> > >
> > > ps. all booleans for samba is selected in selinux administration.
> > >
> > > Henning Larsen
> >

> > Are you still getting alerts?
> >
> After doing that setsebool -P samba....  I still get alerts, but I found
> one solution via google, like this:
>
> # grep fusefs_t /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -M mysamba
> # semodule -i mysamba.pp
>
> This removes the alert, but I think it not is the proper way.
> Maybe it is a bug?.
> If so, how do I remove the modification I have made, when the bug is
> fixed?
>
> Thanks for helping.

Its definitely not the proper way for a program as popular as Samba. I
have it running on a machine with SELinux myself so I know it works.

Do you have setroubleshoot installed? It helps troubleshoot these
issues, often suggesting exactly what to do. and describing what
happened as much as possible.

If you still have the full description of the issue, paste it here. If
we can't understand it, try the selinux mailing list.

( www.pembo13.com )