NFS

Hello,

I am having some difficulty getting NFS to work on my Core 7
(2.6.22.1-33.fc7) box, wondering if I have missed something obvious. I
have edited the /etc/exports file, and when I attempt to restart the nfs
demon I get the following:

[root@scully etc]# vi exports
[root@scully etc]# service nfs reload
[root@scully etc]# service nfs status
rpc.mountd is stopped
nfsd is stopped
rpc.rquotad is stopped
[root@scully etc]# service nfs start
Starting NFS services:                                     [  OK  ]
Starting NFS quotas: Cannot register service: RPC: Unable to receive;
errno = Connection refused
rpc.rquotad: unable to register (RQUOTAPROG, RQUOTAVERS, udp).
                                                           [FAILED]
Starting NFS daemon:

at which point it hangs and I have to kill the command from a new shell.

I have seen conflicting references online regarding this error, stating
that portmap must be started first, and also that portmap is deprecated in
fc7. What else should I look at?