Re: construction estimating software

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 08:17:06 +0900
John Summerfield <debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Interestingly, we used to use four by two &c, before we went metric.

Pretty much everything here is now measured in metric, with the exception of
building materials.  We have 464g butter packages instead of 1lb, and so on.

The grocery store that I do most of my shopping at posts the prices per pound
on their produce and whatnot, but when it rings up on the cash register the
price is always per kg.

Building materials, though, are still all in imperial measure.  At least, I
have never seen metric building materials around here with the sole exception
of a pallet of cement blocks that I ordered a few years ago that showed up
measured in metric.

> Sask didn't mean anything to me, now I assume it's a cold province of .ca.

That's it.  Saskatchewan, Canada.  Where you can watch your dog run away from
home for three straight days.