Re: dhcpd mystery

On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 14:55 +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> The only difference I see is that mary is running Fedora-8
> while carrie is running Fedora-7.

That's probably just down to different defaults in the clients.  The
server offers something, the clients can ask for something else.  If the
server doesn't object, that's what they get.

To work it out, try putting some lease time parameters into
their /etc/dhclient-*.conf files.  My laptop has two,
"dhclient-eth0.conf" & "dhclient-wlan0.conf", both of which are almost
empty.  But I can add things to them.

Alternatively, you could try squeezing things in from the server, and
see what happens.  e.g. Set your min, max, & default, lease times to 2
hours.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.