Re: 2 out of 4 usb sockets work

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Ian Malone wrote:

 Three devices (the mouse, webcam and handset) show
up under one controller, the disc under another, no matter how
I shuffle the plugs around.

This motherboard has 4 USB sockets on the rear panel and headers
for another 4, of which two are attached to ports.  I've come to
the conclusion:
1.  I only have one controller, I can't see any other reason for
  the bandwidth problem.
2.  Three of the devices do USB 1.1, the disc is the only one doing
  USB 2.0 (since it shows up under the high speed controller.

The hub determines if the socket is connected to the USB 2.0 or 1.1 controller, based on the device plugged in. It is possible that both controllers and the hub are all on the same chip. Because the drive is the only USB 2.0 device, it will always be connected to the USB 2.0 controller, no matter what socket you plug it into.

Thanks for the feedback, nice to have my suspicions confirmed.

--
imalone