Re: setting preferences globally?

francis keyes wrote, On 01/28/2008 11:54 AM:
Hi All,

I work at an organization with 4 Fedora 7 machines that are Desktop
computers shared among over 100 people.  The problem is that NOBODY
remembers to log out when they are done with a particular machine.  This
leaves the screen locked and the next user has to choose "switch user" to
log in, which ends up causing various problems when 30 people are logged
into a machine but only one is actually using it.

My question is:  as root, is there a way that I can set every user's screen
saver preferences to NOT lock the screen?

sort of...
assuming gdm is in use, make sure X accepts CTRL-ALT-Backspace.
or a cron that issues a machine reboot at 0001.

these are kind of rough on the "inconsiderate/careless" person's application/unsaved data, but did they not ask for it?
i.e., use with appropriate care.

<OK, so it is a work around to the problem of the OP instead of an answer, but I think it is better than not locking the screen>

This would at least let people log out of an open session that some
inconsiderate/careless person has walked away from.

Thanks!

--
Todd Denniston