Re: Wireless (again)

Timothy Murphy wrote:
David Boles wrote:

| Useful no doubt, but no answer to the question that was actually raised,
| which was how one could find the chipset in a WiFi device.

The actual chip set numbers? Well since they can change from run to run I
would think that the best way would be to look at the device with a
magnifying glass and write them down.

None of the many WiFi devices I own can be taken to pieces,
at least not without damaging them.

Look I don't own a laptop. I don't want to own a laptop. I don't like
laptops. I don't have a WiFi system. I don't want anything to do with
WiFi system. So what does that mean?

To me, it means you shouldn't give advice on something you claim proudly
to know nothing about.

If you do then *you* need to do a little research instead of expecting others to do all of the work for you.

You are talking through your hat.
I wasn't the OP, and don't expect anyone to do all the work for me,
at least in this area.
As I recall, somebody suggested the OP should look at "the HCL"
to determine the chipset in WiFi devices,
and I asked for elucidation on this, which I have not received.

Found by googling Linux Wireless HCL. It is third from the top on this results page.

http://linux-wless.passys.nl/

follow the complete listing link.

-Max