Re: ATI TV Wonder™ 550 PCI -- drivers or whatever ??

Thanks Ed;

On Sun, 2008-01-27 at 14:49 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> William Case wrote:

> Well, while it really was "lspci -vv" output I should have asked for, I did
> some additional research that leads me to believe you are SOL.  The
> technology used in the ATI TV cards is proprietary and only proprietary
> drivers were ever written and none were ever written for linux.  It would
> seem that the only ATI TV cards with linux drivers were the now extinct
> All-In-Wonder cards.

I think so to.  I thought I would check one last time before I
bought/got a new TV tuner card.

Here in Ottawa, my cable supplier is slowly going to HDTV and I think I
will try to find a tuner card that works with HDTV and/or digital.  I
haven't done my research or homework yet on the latest TV tuner cards, I
confess, but if anybody has some quick advice on which card to look
into, I would appreciate it.

--
Regards Bill