Re: Mouse pointer locking up on A4tech scrollball mouse

On Sunday 27 January 2008 08:22, Tim wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 21:43 +0100, Nigel Henry wrote:
> > I use these A4tech mice on both machines, but on the machine that I still
> > use FC2 on, the mouse pointer locks up from time to time. Ctrl Alt
> > Backspace won't release the pointer, nor will a reboot, only a complete
> > shutdown. It appears that it's a problem with the mouse, and the power
> > has to be completely removed from it, as in a complete shutdown.
>
> Obvious questions:
>
> Does the same problem occur if you use a different mouse?
> Do you mind using a different mouse?

I havn't tried a different mouse, that is apart from having replaced it
recently with a new one of the same make and model, and still get these
infrequent mouse pointer lockups.

I can't really try the standard mouse, as there isn't any room for a mouse mat
in front of my keyboard, but I'll buy a different make of scrollball mouse,
and see if the problem goes away.

I have got a USB Median tablet that uses the aiptec driver, and will try that
when the ps2 mouses pointer locks up the next time. It'll be interesting to
see if I've got pointer control with that.

Thanks for your reply Tim.