Re: Wireless (again)

David Boles wrote:

> | As I recall, somebody suggested the OP should look at "the HCL"
> | to determine the chipset in WiFi devices,
> | and I asked for elucidation on this, which I have not received.

> Well I tried to help and you bitched and complained because it did not
> exactly contain the information that you wanted. All the time *not* making
> any effort except to bitch and complain. I bet you dollars to doughnuts
> that *if* I wanted to know what chipset my device contained I would spend
> more time researching that than bitching and complaining that someone else
> did not do that for me.

Sigh.
I don't want to know what chipsets my WiFi devices contain,
as the problem of the manufacturer changing the chipset
while keeping the same version number
(the issue which started this thread)
has never actually bitten me.

I was however interested from a purely academic point of view
to know if it is possible to determine the chipset
either from documentation or by use of some application.

> BTW - I know how to get this information. I am sure many do. But they will
> have to tell you because I won't due to your attitude.

And I know where to find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow,
but you are not a nice man so I am not going to tell you.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366