Re: OT: unathorized network user.

On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 16:57:28 -0500,
  "Jacques B." <jjrboucher@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > like you keep it that way.
>
> your scenario were to become common and known to police.  But they'd
> still seize the equipment for 6-12 months in order to do a forensic
> analysis to determine if the malicious/illegal activity originated
> from within the house or not.  And if found to not have come from you

Only when the WANT to be assholes. They don't do that to businesses they
don't want to piss off. For those guys the image the disks anbd leave
the hardware alone. Unless they plan on dusting the hardware for prints
or they think they need a password embedded in the hardware (e.g. a tpm
chip), they don't need the hardware.

And if they really don't like you they may tear up your house and shoot your
dogs.

But that is a problem that really should be fixed by changing law enforcement
behavior rather than not sharing internet access, though I can see why someone
wouldn't want to be a test case for that.