Re: OT: unathorized network user.

On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 16:20:41 -0500,
  "Jacques B." <jjrboucher@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> #2 - So you are suggesting we should make things more difficult for
> police to track down pedophiles, people launching DDOS, spammers, etc?
>  Make it yet more convenient for these people to further hide their
> activities?

Yes. The cost of having every IP - time matched to a person who can be known
after the fact (which seems to be what you are suggesting) costs to much
for the few extra people the police might catch or deter. Some of the above
can be handled by rate limiting the guest access or by allowing access to
only some services.