Re: OT: unathorized network user.

On Fri, 2008-01-25 at 08:42 +0900, John Summerfield wrote:
> Alan Cox wrote:
>

> >> Actually most courts will tel you that ignorance is not an excuse.
> >
> > And most lawyers in the US would no doubt argue he's a communciation
> > service provider and protected from all kinds of things done by other
> > people.
>
> Ah, but would His Honour agree?
----
let me see if I get this right...an Englishman and an Australian trying
to project what the American courts would do...

An American KNOWS that the people providing the bandwidth had some
obscure restriction in their terms of service for the internet
connection which would make the usage out of compliance and thus, it
would be the citizen who loses

Craig