Re: F key mapping and added X session

Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Tim:
>> For curisosity's sake, do you use RHGB? And if you do, but boot up
>> without it for a change, does this still happen? I notice that RHGB
>> starts up on a different terminal screen than you get from ALT F7.
>> Perhaps it hasn't fully let go.

Barry Yu:
> What is RHGB?

"Red Hat Graphical Booter" discoverable by all the usual tricks "rpm
-q", google, etc. It's the thing that tarts up the bootup screens, so
you don't see the text of all the daemons starting up, but a progress
bar on a pretty picture.

If "rpm -q rhgb" doesn't come back with an answer, you don't have it.
If it does, you'd need to do another check to see if it's actually being
used: Look in the grub.conf file, and see if rhgb is one of the
parameters on the kernel line.

To disable it, you can delete it from that file, uninstall it, or
temporarily edit the grub menu as you boot up (deleting it for just that
boot up).

I'd try disabling before removing, if you're just going to see if it
makes any difference.

important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.