Re: Sendmail Help

Dan Track wrote:
Hi All

Just wondering if someone can help me with the following, or even just
let me know if its possible and point me to somewhere.

Basically I'd like to configure sendmail in such a way that for a
particular domain e.g example.com it sends all mail to server1 however
for user joe@xxxxxxxxxxx I want his mail to be sent directly to
server2.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance
Dan

I can not give you a solution, but what you are looking for is called transport maps on Postfix. You will need to look for the Sendmail equivalent. In Postfix, and most likely in Sendmail as well, the order of the rules is important. You would want the rule for joe@xxxxxxxxxxx to come before the general rule for example.com.

One other thing - the stock install of Sendmail does not include the files needed to rebuild your Sendmail configuration. You need to install the Sendmail configuration package. (sendmail-config?)

Mikkel