Re: Fedora 8 64-bit Athlon Install- Can't find CD/DVD Drives?

Rick Bilonick wrote, On 01/22/2008 06:47 PM:
I've also tried to run some of the Fedora 8 live dvd's (they work on my
laptops). But after starting to run and unpack things, it drops out into
a bash shell prompt saying it can't find the root filesystem.

If I were to try to install from a USB hard drive, should I just copy
the DVD contents to a folder on the hard drive or leave it as an iso
image?

Unless someone has improved anaconda the DVD contents need to exist as:
A) an iso
B) in an MSDOS (vfat) file system.

Although I find it annoying anaconda works this way, I have failed to file an enhancement request on bz, otherwise it would be nice to be able to point it to the Everything directory in the ext3 file system on the same hard drive.

Any suggestions on how to proceed would be appreciated.

I tend to do my installs by booting with the rescue cd and pointing it to the DVD iso on a USB hard drive, because on some machines I do not have DVD drives, so I know what you want to do works.

--
Todd Denniston