Re: Looking For People To Sign My GPG Public Key

Robert L Cochran wrote:
> Is there anyone out there willing to sign my GPG public key?

Without a face to face meeting and exchanging of the gpg key info
(size, type, fingerprint, etc.) and some form of picture ID?  I would
hope no one would be willing.  If there are, you don't want their
signatures anyway. ;-)

> It is on subkeys.pgp.net under this email address --
> cochranb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> If you will sign my key, I will sign yours. That is what's in it for
> you.
>
> If you are interested, email me offlist and perhaps we can organize
> a signing party where we start with one person and go round to the
> last, turn by turn.

Have you checked out biglumber.com?  That's a handy place to add your
key and geographic location and find others nearby that are interested
in meeting for exchanging signatures.  If it wasn't around a 2 hour
drive to Greenbelt MD, I'd consider it. :)

Searching biglumber, there are at least 28 individuals or groups in
Maryland that are interested in exchanging signatures:

    https://biglumber.com/x/web?ss=MD

Another place to start is with local LUGs.  There are often folks
there that use PGP and are willing to exchange signatures.

HTH,

Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?
    -- Charlie McCarthy