Re: VMWare as a networking alternative

On Jan 22, 2008 1:44 PM, Kenneth Lee <ken.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I tried that, and both OS's run very very slow.  What's involved in using
the b43 drivers?

I'm not sure what you mean - can you provide more detail?

Before getting to the wireless network part, I need to understand what
is slow.  For this - can you just use a normal wired connection?

Assuming you are running a Linux host:
Is the host slow?
Is it the Win client that is slow?
Is it the Linux client that is slow?

Thanks, Ken

I started an F8 guest OS in vmware running on a vista laptop.  It took forever to do anything on either.  If I were to load-up F8 on the laptop and virtualize XP, I suspect things would run much better.  I could go wired, but really prefer wireless.