Re: F8 is a problem

On Tue, 2008-01-22 at 12:09 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> The behaviour is not unique to him. There are other people on other
> communication channels, who apply similar strategies (with the desire
> to keep a topic alive as long as possible, pretending that there is no
> help and that something is too difficult to use). I once met somebody
> who never executed any of the trivial commands pointed out to him, not
> even when explaining what they do. Consequently, the output of the
> commands was missing always. Instead, he replied with one-line
> post the output, he replied with long and confusing descriptions of
> strange trouble-shooting attempts, which either didn't fix his problem
> or made it worse. Only after weeks he pointed out that a "good friend"
> told him not to run any commands recommended "on the Internet",

Whilst there are some that are over-cautious, I think there are plenty
that are just deliberate time wasters.  They'll invent problems, and
arguments, for no reason other than to waste other people's time.

I'm beginning to suspect Karl of being a better than average troll,
rather than being the nitwit that he portrays.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.