Re: F8 is a problem

On 22/01/2008, Aldo Foot <lunixer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Jan 21, 2008 3:31 PM, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > >     Thanks yes those worked just fine. Clear and easy to read language.
> > > This makes rday furious!
> >
> > Ridiculous. The first command has been posted before. The second
> > command, manually importing the GPG key, is not needed because Yum
> > does that automatically as soon as you install from that repo. And the
> > third line, the yum command, is the same as at:
> >
> > http://rpm.livna.org/rlowiki/LivnaSwitcher
> >
> > ;o)
>
> Yes. We've seen this commands  lots of times.
> Experienced users may know them by heart.
> But Karl is learning;

This thread turns into an even worse joke. So, a brief comment only.
Karl has installed from Livna multiple times before by either clicking
on the package at Livna's web page and installing it that way or by
filling his own livna.repo file with data from other sources (he has
done that and failed because of not paying attention closely enough or
because of insufficient research and bad sources). Enabling and
installing from Livna is a step he has done multiple times before with
vlc and other packages. However, another problem has turnt up
afterwards. He pointed out again and again that he doesn't know how to
install the nvidia driver pkgs from Livna despite being pointed to
Livna's web page, even with the direct link. Are you saying you need
to read the page for him because he's unable to do it himself?

> we all were newbies once and
> a little clear help does not hurt anyone...

Surely not. However, the question was not how to install it, but where
to find the Livna documentation? He even claimed the docs would be
missing. Quote:

| But never found a thing on yum install.
| Nothing zilch. They may not know either.

This is insulting to the people at Livna.

> my hands did not hurt at all
> when I typed those commands.

You can't be there to help him every time he refuses to read a web
page that contains all the information already. It is more important
to teach where to find the documentation.