Re: Problem with RocketRaid driver installation [SOLVED]

Alan Cox wrote:
Thanks, I'll have to check the differencies between software and hardware RAID1
to see what is best. Installation and maintenance of the hardware solution is
really difficult.

Hardware RAID 1 ?? - as far as we can tell the rocketraid is a generic
marvell controller with a different BIOS chip and a deliberately changed
PCI identifier, nothing else.
[snip]
Thanks for the info. The installation problem I had seems to be related to an installmethod.py file distributed by HighPoint with their RocketRaid installation software. This program was originally written by RedHat but it is rather old - from 2002. I managed to find a newer version from 2007 and with this newer program the installation was successful. So I now have a Fedora 7 installed on a hardware RAID1 configuration. It is running fairly well so I see no reason to change to a software version although it's nice to know that I have this alternative if unknown problems should arise.

--
Erik.