Re: df not reporting correct free space - hard link problems?

Tony Molloy escribió:
On Friday 18 January 2008 08:53:53 Neil Bird wrote:
   On my (ext3, LVM) drive on which I perform backups, I went to copy a
large directory and starting getting loads of out-of-space errors, even
though 'df' reports plenty of room, even to non-root users.

$ df -h /usr/backup
/dev/mapper/sata0-backup
                       464G  367G   88G  81% /usr/backup

.. but:

mv: cannot create regular file `blah': No space left on device

   Now, I am using rsync to create daily+weekly backups on that drive, so
there are wads of hard links to things several times over.  But 'df' should
be able to cope with that, shouldn't it?

   I ran a forced fsck on the drive, but that reported no problems.  Any
ideas anyone?

Could be you're out of inodes on the filesystem. Try

/usr/lib/news/bin/inndf -i /usr/backup

This should give you a count of free inodes.

What's inndf? I don't have it on my system.