Correct instal for AMD Sempron Processor

I have an AMD Sempron 3600+ processor in a Biostar Motherboard. I am
using an LSI 320-1 RAID controller with 5 75gb SCA drives in RAID 5
array. I installed Fedora 8 x86_64 from DVD. When the system starts it
will panic and it looks like the RAID controller. Is this correct
install for this setup or should I use the 1386 version?

Has anyone on te list installed Fedora 8 on an LSI setup?

I have two other servers with LSI RAID controllers but they are running
Fedora Core 3.

TIA

I tried searching the archive but it is a bit cumbersome.

John J. Boris, Sr.
JEN-A-SyS Administrator
Archdiocese of Philadelphia

"Remember! That light at the end of the tunnel
Just might be the headlight of an oncoming train!"