Re: Get a Blog (was Re: SElinux problem)

Hi John;

On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 09:19 -0800, John Poelstra wrote:
> Robert P. J. Day said the following on 01/16/2008 10:57 PM Pacific Time:
> > On Wed, 16 Jan 2008, John Poelstra wrote:
> >
> >> Karl Larsen said the following on 01/16/2008:
> >
> > ... snip ...
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> May I kindly suggest that you get a blog and put stuff like this
> >> there?  Most people reading this list are not looking for news about
> >> your computer or your personal daily diary [1].
> >
> > you're new here, aren't you, john?  :-)
> >
> > rday
> > --
>
> Not new, just tired of seeing so much "troll bait" on this list and
> hoping we can raise the level of discussion and quality of some of the
> posts :)
>
> I believe that maintaining the quality of our conversations and keeping
> the Fedora community appealing to outsiders is important.  Do we really
> want this list to gain a permanent reputation of not being a useful
> place to spend your time where the "signal to noise ratio" is poor?
>
> John

I use the number and length of OT as a measure of the success of the
latest Fedora release.  The sooner the OT starts and the greater the
number of replies, usually means fewer problems to report and fix.

I confess to enjoying -- usually late at night when I don't really want
to start something new -- the community blather that takes place.
Gossip, ribbing each other, righteous indignation, exchange of OT
information and speculation can be important glues to building a
community that can be counted on when something really goes wrong.

--
Regards Bill