Re: Updates SOLVED!

Jim Cornette wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:

Hi Jim I have no vlc on f8 now. On f7 I have version 086d and it works great. On both F7 and F8 the upload is about 20 rpm's because of dependent needs.

Yes I would like to try F9 and see what it offers. My self inflicted problem with F8 can only be fixed by a re-load it appears :-)

Karl

It is probably best to wait for one of the later phases to try rawhide. The applications seem to be in good shape. The kernel and some GUI portions are in disrepair and are not actively being cleared up right now. Reinstalling Fedora 8 and applying some preventive measures that were discussed on the several threads is the best solution. No forcing installation of rpms is the most important of the measures to prevent inadequate installations of the packages on the newly installed system.

Jim

   Yes it is working fine as expected.

Karl