Re: Updates SOLVED!

Michael Schwendt wrote:
On 15/01/2008, Karl Larsen <k5di@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
OK I am convinced. There is something on MY computer I need to clean
out. I have used "yum clean all" many times and it doesn't do anything
at all it seems.

Do you have any idea what else needs cleaning?

"yum --enable=freshrpms clean packages" or
"yum --enable=freshrpms clean all"

when you work with repositories which are disabled by default.

    How are those above different than # yum clean all?

"yum clean all" only cleans the cache for each _enabled_ repository.

When you have disabled freshrpms by default, "yum clean all" does NOT
touch anything in /var/cache/yum/freshrpms/.

Well I did do all the manual clearing of /var/cache/yum/freshrpms/ and it still fails. So does it fail when I force it to use livna.

It is simply a case where if you use # yum remove pulseaudio it does but it takes with it critical files that are not easy to replace. There is somewhere a file missing or a simlink broken. And I and everyone on this list can not find it.

So I say lesson learned is DO NOT use yum remove unless your a real expert.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User