Re: Google Earth

On Sunday 13 January 2008, Ric Moore wrote:
>On Sat, 2008-01-12 at 12:45 -0500, David Boles wrote:

>> I don't pay too much attention to those two. Ric is really crazy and Gene
>> is really old.
>>
>> This is were I duck under my desk.  ;-)
>
>Heh heh, I cannot fault the young for speaking the truth, although you
>missed the part where I am getting old too. 58 is getting there on a
>bobsled ride to Hell on greased rails. So, I'll truth you back ... youth
>is WASTED on the young! Samuel Clements wrote that one. 'still true,
>too. :) Ric

What do you want me to do, send you a towel for the back of your ears?  At 58
I was still an every nighter.  Now I just dream about it once a month maybe.
Damned sugar will shut that off in a hurry.  A round with the shingles 18
years ago after trying to electrocute myself, and the posthepatic pain in the
rib and diaphram area that NEVER goes away now controls what I can do at any
given moment.  Sometimes I can't even pick up the coffee pot, the next day I
haul 2 40 pound bags of salt down the basement steps at a time, and do it for
400 pounds to fill the water softener and its a piece of cake, if you don't
mind the pain in the arthritic hands.  I take several varieties of the
chondroitan sulfate compounds or I might as well go shoot myself.

Yeah youth is wasted on the young, I remember it fondly...  Enjoy what you
have, its largely a use it or lose it proposition.

Heck, they even have me back at work for 4 or 5 hours a day, and I think the
exercise is good for me.  And I'm doing more thinking out loud about what I'm
doing just so Dave can understand the reasons for what I do.  Dave is the
fellow I gave most of my keys to back in 2002 when I retired.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Film at eleven.