Re: Pulseaudio

On Sun, 2008-01-13 at 14:36 -0700, Karl Larsen wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> > On Sun, 2008-01-13 at 14:25 -0700, Karl Larsen wrote:
> >
> >>     Fine. Then of course you can explain why the yum upgrade wants to
> >> upgrade a pulseaudio file?
> >>
> > ----
> > generally because a newer version exists in the updates repo...that's
> > how it works.
> >
> > Craig
> >

>     Fine it wants to update the file on my computer but that file is NOT
> ON MY COMPUTER!
>
> That is the problem, or one of them at least.
----
every time you install/update, each package has a list of pre-requisite
files/packages that must be installed and yum nicely parses the
installation set pre-requisite and tries to solve for these
pre-requisites by adding those packages to the list of files to be
downloaded and installed. If you don't have the necessary packages
installed, it attempts to locate them in configured repositories and add
them to the download list while simultaneously parsing the newly added
packages own pre-requisites files/packages.

This of course really isn't about pulseaudio though.

Craig