Re: LiveCD with KDE-4.0.0 anyone any luck?

On Sat, 2008-01-12 at 14:34 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> even the 90% stuff has too much water in it and will do a poorer job
> of dissolving the cigarette smoke & airborne cooking grease etc that
> collects on this stuff, and which may become pretty well baked on when
> the controller turns up the laser trying to see through it.

Tut tut, don't you know not to smoke in the machine room, nor eat food
at the computer?  ;-)

I can't say that I've actually come across a dirty CD/DVD laser, yet.
But I've come across plenty of PCs where just about everything, inside
and out, has been coated with filth.  Houses with open fireplaces seem
to be the worst, you get this really sticky residue that'll hold onto
anything that floats in the air.

Makes me wonder if they're like valves in gear that's used a lot - the
operating heat burns off the small amount of dust that lands on them
while off, and the slight thermal draught stops dust landing on them
while working.

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.23.12-52.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.

Your/our computer(s) had suffered a memory leak, and we are waiting for
them to be topped up.