Re: LiveCD with KDE-4.0.0 anyone any luck?

On Saturday January 12 2008 1:22:21 pm Dave Stevens wrote:
> I have downloaded and burned it ok and it booted and ran fine.
> I always suspect dirt in the optical drive first. Has it been
> cleaned recently? or ever?

You raise a flag. I have often thought dust was the #1 cause of
CD/DVD optical drive demise. It just makes sense. The units
aren't sealed, and you have fans inside the computer pulling air
in through every crack and crevice it can find - over time, dust
builds up, and light doesn't penetrate dust. So, my question...
Have you found a technique that actually works to clean them?
I've tried gently application of air and those cleaning discs,
but, I've never had much luck with either.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA