Re: Wireless network problems - Dell Inspiron 1501

> Frank Cox wrote:
>
> I also tried setting this up directly with system-config-network instead of
> Network Manager.  I keep getting told "Check cable?" no matter what options I
> try.

Sounds like system-config-network is using eth? while the wireless driver uses something different.

Dell laptop I'm playing with uses wlan0 instead of eth0 for the wireless.  Other wireless cards use other designations.  See what you have in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/

iwconfig from the command line in a terminal window will let you see the wireless setup and change some parameters.  Getting the encryption keys just right between an F8 laptop and many routers seems to be a problem.  Anything beyond 64bit WEP has me stumped so far.

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=233225&topic_id=50199&forum=10#forumpost233225
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and/or blame Darkenergy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx