Re: how to jigdo download a fedora 8 re-spin in one easy step?

On Wed, 9 Jan 2008, David Jansen wrote:

> Thanks for putting up this cookbook, it's a nice addition to the FAQs
> and wikis already available to the Fedora community.
>
> Perhaps a useful trick I found somewhere that avoids the spaces in file
> names: you can tell the system to always mount a cd/dvd on the same
> path,
> e.g:
>   gnome-mount --write-settings --device /dev/scd0 --mount-point dvd
> and after that, all cds/dvds will appear as /media/dvd in stead of a
> name with the label in it. Jigdo isn't the only application that cannot
> handle the spaces, unfortunately.

i'm just about to add this to the wiki page, but i want to document
how to deactivate this setting as well.  from the man page for
gnome-mount, i see the option "--erase-settings", so the deactivation
command would then be:

  $ gnome-mount --erase-settings --device /dev/sr0

in my case, anyway.  does that look right?

rday

p.s.  i've already rewritten and expanded on a couple things over at
the recipe for jigdo, based on earlier readers' incessant, whiny
nagging ...^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H amazingly
useful and appreciated feedback.  :-)

http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/Getting_Fedora_respins_with_Jigdo

Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA