Re: Wireless network problems - Dell Inspiron 1501

On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 23:34:28 -0600
Frank Cox <theatre@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't really know where to go from here...

My router gives me the following security choices:

 	  WPA/WPA2    WPA2 Only    WEP    Disabled

I normally have it set for "WPA/WPA2".  Setting it to "Disabled" allowed that
laptop to connect.

So... is my problem a crappy Windows driver that doesn't support a secured
connection?  (I had to set this thing up with ndiswrapper and a driver that I
donwloaded from Dell's website.)

How can I make it support a secure connection, or is the owner going to be stuck
with having to use it with unsecured connections only?